Being fashionable doesn’t mean that you need to wear expensive clothes. It’s not about purchasing outfits with famous brands. It’s all about expressing your personality and showing your creativity through clothes, shoes, and accessories. You don’t even need to pay a professional stylist to look great. All you need to do is to browse inspirations online and you’re good to go.
If you’re interested in upgrading your closet or improving your style, you only need to learn a few fashion basics. One way to do this is to know what simple additions you can use to enhance your overall look.
Why Dress Up?
Before you dive into the tips about accessorizing your style, you need to know the benefits of dressing up first. Learning how to dress well will not only improve your appearance but also boost your self-esteem. People will be impressed at how well you carry yourself.
You will also save money because you won’t need to purchase a lot of clothing items and accessories. If you know how to mix and match, having a small collection of outfits is enough.
How to Upgrade Your Style
Now, for the fun part, what you need to do is to define your style. Keep in mind that there are a lot of fashion styles and trends that might get you confused. Don’t go browsing all the fashion tips out there. Know which one suits you best. Also, get to know about the basic dos and don’ts about mixing and matching outfits.
Here are a few tips to improve your everyday look.
- Scarf – Shawls and scarves can easily improve your OOTDs. Place them around your neck or waist, or transform them into a hair accessory. Shawls can add a pop of color and texture to your outfit.
- Jewelry – A few pieces of jewelry can complete your outfit. They can also transform a look into a professional, elegant, or a playful one. It depends on your mood or what occasion you’re celebrating. You also need to consider the venue of an event when choosing jewelry.
- Eyewear – Sunglasses or eyeglasses don’t only protect your eyes from the sun but also make you look more stylish and elegant. You can even choose funky styles if you want.
- Hat – To protect you from extreme weather in Utah, you can add headwear such as beanies, caps, or custom hats. Make sure that it’s appropriate for the occasion, though.
- Belt – You can also upgrade your outfit just by placing a belt around your waist. It helps tighten loose clothes and also instantly upgrade your style.
Learn to experiment and try new accessory combinations while at home. You can be fashionable when attending a special event or even just when shopping for groceries. The key is to choose an outfit that suits you and makes you feel comfortable. You may be inspired to try a new look, but if you feel awkward while wearing an accessory or any type of clothing, better choose a different option.
When it comes to accessories, never overdo it. Try a few items first and see if they complement your look. You can always use accessories more than once. Just like clothing, you can wear accessories as long as they’re clean and improve your look.